Why Uttarakhand foods is better than other?
This type of same looking gahat dal you can buy from other shop also. But we are different from others because:
- Our products yield only in high rises area of Uttarakhand (Himalaya).
- Our products are natural because in Himalayan area. We don’t use any chemical and pesticide for produce product. We use only natural compost.
- Our dal is different from other companies in taste and quality because of Himalayan climate.
So try our product one time at least. You will like this 100%. Otherwise we will give you full refund without any question.
This is a famous Dal recipe of the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand. Gahat is also known as Kulthi. In English it is called as Horse Gram.
Kulthi dal that is produced in the hills of Uttarakhand is quite beneficial for health. It is also cultivated in Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. The effect of Gahat is hot, that is why the people of Uttarakhand prefer Gahat Dal Soup in winters.
Kulthi / Horse Gram is a good source of iron. Gahat seed is very beneficial in stomach and kidney related disease. In Ayurveda Gahat seed is considered as a panacea for the treatment of appendicitis. My grandmother used to say, that eating Gahat reduces appendicitis in the stomach and kidney.
Few useful tips for Gahat Dal recipe
- You can make Dal with soaking in water too.
- Do check Gahat seeds before cooking. A lot of stone and other dust particle, I found in my stock of dal.
- If you like spicy flavor, you can add chopped green chilli while sauté onion.
- Prevent Constipation
- Lowers Blood pressure
- Good for Weight loss
- Improves Heart health
- Increases Sperm count
- Good in pregnancy (after consulting physician)
- Keeps your body warm during winter
- Lower Cholesterol levels
And it is widely known for its curative properties of treating gall bladder stones, kidney stones and maintaining renal health.